ceramics parasitic sadness







This was a piece that I made in my ceramics class between projects, it just came out of the kiln, and my goal with creating it was to give people something to associate the often devastating thoughts people have with depression and anxiety. For me my anxiety comes from the way I view things, i often fail to look at the brighter and simpler side of things, and i often find myself over exaggerating and over analyzing things. all these things are in my head, but its often hard to see this when it's happening, so when this happens it often feels like a parasite burrowing its way in, hence why it's an insect. My goal was giving people a physical thing to associate these thoughts with
I sculpted this out of clay and i put a cinnamon underglaze over the whole thing. over the glaze i put a special golden glaze on all the details. then the only other colour i used was on the sclera of the eye where i used a white concept glaze to emphasize the iris.

Comments