Inspiring stop motion animations

Zero 
I love this stop motion animation, because it tackles a really prevalent issue, while also being very visually appealing. Ever since i first saw this short i was captivated by stop motion pictures. I loved how they were able to make interesting and powerful videos using a medium that I'm more comfortable with than using computer programs that are clunky and rely on you working on the back end rather than being able to feel and see what you're doing.

The Maker
This animation, though the message itself is a little convoluted, the animation itself is amazing. I love it's semi-fluid movement and the actual figures themselves. The overall creepiness of this animation is very compelling to me, and it gives me inspiration as to what i want my animation(s) to look like. The unsettling look of it gives a close resemblance to uncanny valley, and is life-like but not enough, which contributes heavily to the animation's tone and premise.

Going fishing - Guldies
This animation is so fluid and smooth, its stunning. not to mention the modeling of the objects takes my breath away. I can't even imagine the amount of work that went into this. thinking about that honestly makes me anxious. if you make one mistake, you'd have to start all over again. and knowing myself i'd do that exact things many times. This animation to me is really inspiring, since it shows what stop motion is capable of. when I first saw this I thought it was CGI, when i learned that it wasn't it really kick started my interest in animation, as well as the 3D art world.

Comments